COLUMBIA, SC (WOLO)– The Newberry County Sheriff’s Place of work says 15 people have been arrested in connection with an investigation into a look at cashing ring. Authorities say this scheme defrauded banking companies and companies out of in excess of $70,000.
This investigation is getting carried out by the Newberry County Sheriff’s Business office, South Carolina Legislation Enforcement Division, Newberry Metropolis Law enforcement and Prosperity Law enforcement.
Law enforcement states they ended up notified of a test casing scheme, involving replicating routing and account numbers type legit checks. Investigators say numerous checks were being reprinted making use of high close printing. Officials say they found checks have been manufactured and handed by an account range from the Newberry County Inmate Rely on Fund. Newberry County Sheriff Lee Foster states he contacted SLED for support since some of the checks have been handed outside of Newberry County.
Sheriff Foster claimed, “this investigation is ongoing as checks are being processed and other companies and banks are calling regulation enforcement to file the forgery activity”. “As this investigation continues, we be expecting much more arrest to abide by,” claimed Sheriff Foster. “This ring has value mostly compact companies tens of thousands of pounds in an economy in which they can’t pay for to drop any revenue, in accordance to Sheriff Foster.” Foster went on to say, “this was much more than passing negative checks, this was an structured energy to defraud our nearby corporations out of a significant total of revenue. When this transpires, we all reduce since the corporations, typically compact regionally owned kinds, have to increase rates or go out of small business all-collectively.”
Sheriff Foster says the next 15 people have been arrested and charged in link with this investigation:
- Shawon Ernquan Sims (21)
- Five counts of forgery, four counts of conspiracy and possession with intent to distribute cocaine.
- Timothy De Darius Martin (26)
- Acquiring house less than untrue pretense, two counts of conspiracy and monetary transaction card fraud.
- Angeliean Sims (22)
- Deandre Seandell Henley (22)
- Two counts of forgery, possession of marijuana, possession of managed material
- Breazae Elise Jackson (22)
- Ty’neisha Oceona Lindsay (25)
- Benjamin Damin Gorie (22)
- Tyquisha Alante Newman (24)
- Eight counts of forgery
- Tony Rodriquez Mason (21)
- Jamel Shemar Kibler (21)
- A few counts of forgery and a few counts of conspiracy
- Arkevis Rashad Coleman (19)
- Isis Nyasha Gary (24)
- Stanley Ahmaad Martin Jr. (19)
- Linda Kay Ruff (56)
- Aleera Daijanna Praylow (22)